Next Planning Committee
The next monthly planning committee meeting will take place on Tuesday 3rd October at 7pm.
The Schedule will be published BELOW on Wed 20th September and the deadline for requesting Speaking Rights will close at 5pm on Tuesday 26th September.
The protocol for the operation of monthly Planning Committee meetings (revised December 2021) is available to view at the link BELOW.
Speaking rights are limited to a total of 5 minutes for and 5 minutes against, regardless of the number of speakers.
To read how to request speaking rights, go to "Public speaking at Planning Committee meetings" page.
Public speaking at Planning Committee meetings
From March 2019 audio recordings of each month’s Planning Committee meeting will be made by the Council, with the exception of items discussed ‘In Committee’.
These audio recordings will be posted on the Council’s webpages after the minutes of the meeting have been ratified at full Council.
You should listen to both recordings, as Items heard at Planning Committee which relate to matters for which the Planning Committee does not have delegated
powers are subject to ratification by the full Council.
All comments made by speakers appearing before the Committee, whether elected representatives, planning agents or members of the public, will be included within the recording.
The current membership of the Planning Committee, which was reconstituted in May 2022, is available to view by clicking on the attachment at the foot of the page.
Download the guidance leaflet BELOW explaining the protocol (Revised December 2021) that the Planning Committee follows when considering planning applications in Ards and North Down.
- Planning applications to be considered by the Planning Committee on Tuesday 3rd October 2023 - hybrid meeting (pdf 48 KB)
- Planning applications considered by the Planning Committee on Tuesday 5th September 2023 - hybrid meeting (pdf 41 KB)
- Planning applications considered by the Planning Committee on Tuesday 1st August 2023 - hybrid meeting (pdf 16 KB)
- Planning applications considered by the Planning Committee on Thursday 22nd June 2023 - hybrid meeting (pdf 20 KB)
- Planning applications considered by the Planning Committee on Tuesday 4th April 2023 - hybrid meeting (pdf 14 KB)
- Protocol for the operation of Virtual Planning Committee during Covid (pdf 179 KB)
- Protocol for the operation of Ards and North Down Borough Council Planning Committee (Revised December 2021) (pdf 339 KB)
- Membership of the Planning Committee - 16 Members - June 2023 (pdf 38 KB)