Performance Improvement Plan 2023/24
The Local Government Act (Northern Ireland) 2014 Part 12 sets out a General Duty of Improvement in that, “a Council must make arrangements to secure continuous improvement in the exercise of its functions”. A Council must have regard in particular to improve the exercise of its function in terms of: strategic effectiveness; service quality; service availability; fairness; sustainability; efficiency; and innovation.
The legislation also sets out that for each financial year, a Council must set itself and work to achieve ‘improvement objectives’ relating to the areas outlined above.
The council has to publish their improvement objectives each year and assess performance against these.
Council has approved its Performance Improvement Plan for 2023/24, a copy of which can be downloaded from the links below. Prior year Performance Improvement Plans can also be downloaded from the links below.
These documents can be provided in alternative formats if required in relation to language or disability by contacting the Transformation Unit at:
Ards and North Down Borough Council
or by telephoning 0300 013 3333
- Performance Improvement Plan 2023-24 (docx 448 KB)
- Performance Improvement Plan 2022-23 (pdf 718 KB)
- Performance Improvement Plan 2021-22 (pdf 6 MB)
- Performance Improvement Plan 2019-2020 (pdf 6 MB)
- Performance Improvement Plan 2018-19 (pdf 8 MB)
- Performance Improvement Plan 2017-18 (pdf 6 MB)
- Performance Improvement Plan 2016-17 (pdf 373 KB)