Wider Greenway Networks
Greenways are common across Europe. To give you some inspiration please check the links below to just a few of our favourites.
Northern Ireland Greenways provides a fantastic overview of current and proposed greenways in Northern Ireland.
- The Comber Greenway: Belfast to Comber Greenway (nigreenways.com)
- Belfast to Lisburn Greenway (Lagan Towpath) - Belfast to Lisburn Greenway (nigreenways.com)
- Connswater Greenway (Connswater Community Greenway): Connswater Greenway (nigreenways.com)
- Craigavon Black Paths: Craigavon Black Paths (nigreenways.com)
- Newry Canal Greenway: Newry to Portadown Greenway (nigreenways.com)
Republic of Ireland
The Ultimate Guide to Ireland’s Greenways can be found on Greenways Ireland.
- Great Western Greenway (Co Mayo): Great Western Greenway, The Essential Greenway Guide. Click for More (greenwaysireland.org)
- Old Rail Trail (Co Westmeath): Old Rail Trail, The Essential Old Rail Trail Guide. Click for More (greenwaysireland.org)
- Limerick Greenway (Co Limerick): Limerick Greenway, Rathkeale, Newcastlewest and Abbeyfeale. (greenwaysireland.org)
Some others currently in development:
- South East Greenway (Co Kilkenny)
- Extension of the Waterford Greenway to Rosslare
- Greenway between Dublin and Galway
- Ring of Kerry Greenway
The Eurovelo is a series of long-distance routes across Europe (part on road/ part off road paths). An overview can be found at EuroVelo - some of the main Eurovelo routes are:
- Atlantic Coast Route - EuroVelo
- Capitals Route - EuroVelo
- Pilgrims Route - EuroVelo
- Mediterranean Route - EuroVelo
- Baltic – Adriatic - EuroVelo
- North Sea Cycle Route - EuroVelo
- Iron Curtain Trail - EuroVelo
Many smaller greenways exist across Europe which are too numerous to list here.