Ards and North Down Community Safety Team
To report anti-social behaviour in Ards and North Down, telephone the Community Safety Team on 0300 013 3333 ext 40254.
Ards and North Down Borough Council’s Community Safety Team works to make our borough a safer place to live by tackling anti-social behaviour.
What is anti-social behaviour?
Anti-social behaviour is acting in a way that causes alarm or distress to people in our community. Ards and North Down Community Safety Team deals with different problems:
- noisy behaviour in the street
- damage to property
- off road nuisance caused by vehicles
- nuisance behaviour at events
Our work includes:
- conducting regular patrols of reported ‘hotspots’ for anti-social behaviour to deter, detect and report incidents using available resources, in line with the council’s enforcement policy
- working alongside local people and groups to develop community-led solutions to anti-social behaviour
- working with other relevant organisations, such as the police, schools, and community organisations to develop area specific plans to tackle anti-social behaviour
- running youth and adult education programmes for schools and community groups to highlight community safety issues
- providing youth diversionary activities to help prevent anti-social behaviour
We want to make Ards and North Down a safer place to live, work and visit. We want to ensure our team takes action that is effective, proportionate and achievable.
Reporting anti-social behaviour
To report anti-social behaviour in Ards and North Down, telephone 0300 013 3333 ext 40254. We do not provide an emergency response service. If it's an emergency, you need to telephone 999.
We want to provide an accessible, timely and informative service. If you would like more information, 0300 013 3333 ext 40254.
Police emergency 999
Police non-emergency 101
Crimestoppers 0800 555 111
- Download Safe and Sound leaflet (pdf 264 KB)