Town and Village Masterplans
In 2023 Ards and North Down Borough Council is undertaking a review of Village Action Plans across the Borough.
Find out more, including details of additional Village Plan Review Drop In Sessions, at Village Action Plan Reviews | Ards and North Down Borough Council
What are Masterplans?
Masterplans set out a vision, the regeneration objectives and the actions required to support the strategic physical regeneration of a particular town or city centre.
Masterplans were developed in partnership with the Department for Social Development (DSD) for:
You can download masterplans below.
Village plans set out an integrated vision for the area they cover; they are developed as part of a partnership approach to improving the area.
Each village plan describes:
- your local area and vision for how the area will develop in the future
- the key issues, priorities and opportunities in your area
- how you can be involved in improving your local area
- useful information about working alongside the council to get things done
There are village plans for:
- Helen’s Bay and Crawfordsburn
- Lisbarnett and Lisbane
- Six Road Ends
You can download masterplans and village plans below.
- Ballyhalbert Village Plan (pdf 65 MB)
- Ballygowan Village Plan (pdf 3 MB)
- Ballywalter Village Plan (pdf 39 MB)
- Bangor Town Centre Masterplan (pdf 6 MB)
- Carrowdore Village Plan (pdf 3 MB)
- Cloughey Village Plan (pdf 7 MB)
- Comber Town Centre Masterplan (pdf 3 MB)
- Conlig Village Plan (pdf 69 MB)
- Donaghadee Masterplan (pdf 3 MB)
- Greyabbey Village Plan (pdf 53 MB)
- Groomsport Village Plan (pdf 5 MB)
- Helen's Bay and Crawfordsburn Integrated Village Plan (pdf 5 MB)
- Holywood Masterplan (pdf 3 MB)
- Killinchy Village Plan (pdf 5 MB)
- Kircubbin Village Plan (pdf 26 MB)
- Lisbarnett and Lisbane Village Plan (pdf 3 MB)
- Millisle Village Plan (pdf 11 MB)
- Newtownards Town Centre Masterplan (pdf 4 MB)
- Portaferry Village Plan (pdf 69 MB)
- Portavogie Village Plan (pdf 4 MB)
- Six Road Ends Action Plan (pdf 3 MB)
- Six Road Ends Integrated Rural Plan (pdf 2 MB)