Portavogie Harbour Environmental Improvement Scheme
Ards and North Down Borough Council intend submitting an application for funding to the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund 2014-2020 (Seaflag) to progress a phase of environmental improvement works to Portavogie Harbour and the surrounding area.
The aim of this scheme is to regenerate the existing area along the footpath at Portavogie Harbour, creating a promenade and providing a much-needed focal point for the village.
The proposed scheme includes the following works;
- Enhancing the existing wall with a decorative fish motif pattern
- New feature lighting scheme along the Harbourside
- Mural artwork to the warehouse gable wall to create a focal point
- Creation of a promenade with new resin bond surfacing on the footpath
- Creation of a space around the war memorial with new decorative surfaces, planting and seating
In keeping with the local environment, the maritime industry has informed the design with the use of rustic materials, heavy timber and steel. The Harbour promenade area will be upgraded using high quality furniture, and decorative lighting columns.
Feedback on the proposed scheme is now closed.
Images of the proposed scheme can be downloaded as PDF files from the list below