Millisle Lagoon Environmental Improvement Scheme
Millisle Lagoon Environmental Improvement Scheme – Background
2018: Rural Development Programme’s Village Renewal
- AECOM appointed to develop Masterplan
- AECOM presents masterplan proposals to the community
- Emerges from consultation – Priority is removal of the disused paddling pool
- Pre-planning application determined the following:-
1. Ground investigation costs would be estimated at £23K
2. Habitat Regulations Assessment and a Preliminary Ecological Assessment estimated at £4K
Outcome – Grant aid could not be sourced under the Village Renewal Scheme for surveys to be undertaken.
2019: Report was presented to Council to outline the above.
- It was agreed that the scheme could not progress due to lack of funding.
2022: Covid-19 Recovery Small Settlements Regeneration Programme (CRSSRP)
- ANDBC request AECOM to develop a new project that would be achievable under a phased approach, that could be realistically delivered from potential future funding opportunities.
- Meeting between Council officers and Millisle community representatives took place where it was discussed how the grant allocated to the Lagoon under CRSSRP was to be used.
2023: A Phased Approach
- Given the size and nature of the site at Millisle Lagoon, the Concept Plan required development via a phased approach. This will enable projects to be identified which can be delivered quickly under Permitted Development rights, and therefore ‘oven ready’ should funding become available.
Public Information Session
A Public Information Session on the Concept Design for Millisle Lagoon Environmental Improvement Scheme, originally scheduled to take place on Wednesday 27 September 2023, was held on Wednesday 18th October 2023 in Millisle Primary School.
A presentation was delivered by the design team, AECOM, followed by the opportunity to ask questions. The full Millisle Lagoon Environmental Improvement Scheme presentation can be downloaded below.
Thank you to everyone who attended one of the information sessions. Please see below a Questions and Answers section for points that were raised at the Information session.
If you have any further comments relating to the Concept Design for Millisle Lagoon Environmental Improvement Scheme, please email email@example.com.
Comments should be submitted no later than Friday 03 November 2023.
- Millisle Lagoon - Environmental Improvement Scheme Presentation (pdf 9 MB)
- Q&A (docx 41 KB)