Expression of interest:South East Area Fisheries Local Action Group European Maritime and Fisheries. For more information please click here
Physical blight, changing transportation and accessibility requirements or the impossibility of adapting buildings to accommodate new uses are all forces which have consequences for local areas.
The recession, coupled with changes in consumer spending patterns and behaviours, had a considerable impact on the economic performance of towns across the UK. The council's Regeneration Unit progresses urban and rural initiatives in Bangor, Newtownards, Holywood, Comber and Donaghadee and villages within the borough.
Who we work with?
The Regeneration Unit works with partners including the Department for Social Development (DSD), the Department for Regional Development (DRD) and the Department of the Environment (DOE) and stakeholders including five town partnerships and village regeneration and development associations.
Masterplans set out a vision, the regeneration objectives and the actions required to support the strategic physical regeneration of a particular town or city centre.
Masterplans were developed in partnership with the Department for Social Development (DSD) for:
You can download masterplans below.
Village plans set out an integrated vision for the area they cover; they are developed as part of a partnership approach to improving the area.
Each village plan describes:
- your local area and vision for how the area will develop in the future
- the key issues, priorities and opportunities in your area
- how you can be involved in improving your local area
- useful information about working alongside the council to get things done
There are village plans for:
- Helen’s Bay and Crawfordsburn
- Lisbarnett and Lisbane
- Six Road Ends
You can download masterplans and village plans below.
- Ballygowan Village Plan (pdf 4 MB)
- Bangor Town Centre Masterplan (pdf 6 MB)
- Carrowdore Village Plan (pdf 3 MB)
- Cloughey Village Plan (pdf 3 MB)
- Comber Town Centre Masterplan (pdf 3 MB)
- Donaghadee Masterplan (pdf 3 MB)
- Groomsport Village Plan (pdf 2 MB)
- Helen&#039;s Bay and Crawfordsburn Integrated Village Plan (pdf 2 MB)
- Holywood Masterplan (pdf 3 MB)
- Killinchy Village Plan (pdf 2 MB)
- Lisbarnett and Lisbane Village Plan (pdf 1 MB)
- Millisle Village Plan (pdf 11 MB)
- Newtownards Town Centre Masterplan (pdf 4 MB)
- Portavogie Village Plan (pdf 2 MB)
- Six Road Ends Integrated Rural Plan (pdf 3 MB)
- Ballyhalbert Village Plan (pdf 65 MB)
- Ballywalter Village Plan (pdf 39 MB)
- Conlig Village Plan (pdf 69 MB)
- Greyabbey Village Plan (pdf 53 MB)
- Kircubbin Village Plan (pdf 26 MB)
- Portaferry Village Plan (pdf 69 MB)