Call for funding applications 2019/20
Ards and North Down Borough Council has opened its annual funding scheme for local constituted voluntary and community groups. Groups from the Ards and North Down Borough can apply to the following grants funding streams:
1. Community Development Fund 2019-2020 - for help with running costs and/or project costs for a constituted community or voluntary group.
2. Community Festivals Funding (including commemorative events) - financial support to organise local, neighbourhood or large-scale festivals in 2019-20
The council works to support the local community and promote wellbeing. We want to make the Borough the best place to live, work, invest and visit.
Support and development to local groups
We provide different support and development services to assist local community and voluntary groups:
- setting up a new group – support with constitutions, insurance, bank accounts
- projects – assistance with funding applications for external funding and signposting to relevant information
- training for committee members on community development topics –in partnership with the community networks in the borough
- partnerships – developing relationships with other organisations, agencies and statutory bodies
- grant aid – including community development grants and community festivals grants from the council and externally from other organisations
- communications – keeping groups informed about relevant information
For further information on any of the above support services, contact the Community Development Team.
Telephone: 0300 013 3333
The council also supports and works alongside the following local community networks:
- North Down Community Network
- Ards Community Development Bureau
- County Down Rural Community Network
Together we have agreed a Community Development Service Delivery Plan for community support. You can download the plan below or find out more on the link here - Community Development Delivery Plan.
Community information register
The council keeps a register of groups interested in receiving notice about grants, information events, opportunities and other community-related activities. The council can only send community-related information to groups on the register. We use email to pass on community-related information to registered groups.
Registering your group
If your community organisation, group or partnership wants to receive community-related information, you need to register by filling in the registration form and returning to the council.
Advice on How to Hold Your AGM
Supporting Communities have prepared a short video giving advice on how to run an Annual General Meeting. More information can be found at http://supportingcommunities.org/