The council works to support the local community and promote wellbeing. We want to make the Borough the best place to live, work, invest and visit.
Support and development to local groups
We provide a variety of support and development services to assist local community and voluntary groups:
- setting up a new group – support with constitutions, insurance, bank accounts
- projects – support with funding applications for external funding and signposting to relevant information
- training for committee members on community development topics –in partnership with the community networks in the borough
- partnerships – developing relationships with other organisations, agencies and statutory bodies
- grant aid – including community development grants and community festivals grants from the council and externally from other organisations
- communications – keeping groups informed about relevant information
For further information on any of the above support services, or if you have another query, please contact the Community Development Team via our Contact form.
Community information register - keep up to date on grants, events, opportunities, and community activities.
To stay up to date with what's going on from a community perspective across Ards and North Down please register your details with us, if your community organisation, group or partnership would like to receive the regular emails.
Fill in the registration form (downloadable from the list below) and return it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 013 3333 and ask to speak to a member of the Community Development team. Council can only send community related information to groups on the register.
You have a right to withdraw you consent and be removed from the register at any time please contact email@example.com
Community Development Grants
All Council Community Development Grants are advertised here: Grants | Ards and North Down Borough Council
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any grant-related queries.
The council also supports and works alongside the following local community networks:
- North Down Community Network
- Ards Community Development Bureau
- County Down Rural Community Network
Advice on How to Hold Your AGM
Community Development Toolkit
In February 2020, we launched the Community Development Toolkit, produced in partnership with the County Down Rural Community Network, North Down Community Network and Ards Development Bureau and Community Network. It is our hope that local communities in Ards and North Down will find the Toolkit helpful and informative.
Download the Toolkit PDF from the list below.