Fee calculator

Where repairs or alterations to a building require a Building Control application, a fee will generally need to be paid.  

To check how much you need to be paid, you can use the Tascomi online calculator Tascomi - Building Control Fees for NI or the downloadable fees guidance: Download Building Regulation fees.

With a Full Plans application only the Plan fee is required at the time of making the application. An invoice will be sent for the Inspection fee following the first inspection. 

With a Building Notice application, the Notice fee is required at the time of making the application.  

With a Regularisation application, the Regularisation fee is required at the time of making the application 
Work not requiring Building Control fees: 

  • Certain work to facilitate the needs of disabled people, providing access to the public to an existing building, or providing extensions or alterations to an existing dwelling. Where fee exemption is being claimed for such work, to a dwelling, evidence that the work is required will need to be provided when making the application. Please contact Building Control if you have any queries in relation to this. 
  • The installation of cavity wall insulation in an existing building. 

For Building Control fee advice telephone 02891 278015 or email buildingcontrol@ardsandnorthdown.gov.uk