To make a Building Control application online for Building Notice (small domestic works and extensions less than 10m2) and Regularisation. Click here.
Building control application forms
Anyone intending to carry out works that would require Building Regulations approval is required to submit either a full plans application or a Building notice application (minor domestic works, including extensions not exceeding 10m2, but not including roofspace) together with the appropriate fee.
Building Control offer a pre-submission consultation service, where agents can discuss their outline proposals and seek guidance with regard to means of escape, access for people with disabilities and other issues.
If the full plan route is chosen, you need to submit:
- completed full plan application form
- duplicate copies of plans
- location map
- site plan
The building notice procedure allows work to be carried out without submitting full plans. It can be used for the following:
- small extensions of domestic properties up to 10m2.
- structural alterations of domestic properties.
- provision of services or the installation of fittings in connection with the above.
- material change of use of a building to the above
You cannot use a building control notice for:
- industrial or commercial buildings
- erection of houses, flats and maisonettes or roofspace conversions with a floor area over 3m2
This is a procedure, which allows work that was completed without the plans and notices required by Building Regulations being lodged with Building Control. Such work often comes to light during the sale of a property when the owner is asked to produce evidence of approvals. When the work complies, or is made to comply with the regulations, which were in operation at the time of completion of the unauthorised work Building Control will issue a “Certificate of Regularisation”. It can be requested for domestic, industrial or commercial work.
You can download application form below or collect from our offices at the Town Hall, Bangor Castle or Church Street, Newtownards. Please note, this form cannot be completed online. We can also post, email or fax a form to you on request, telephone 0300 013 3333.
- Building Regulations application form (pdf 242 KB)