Permit system for householder access to HRCs using vans or large trailers
From 15 January 2018 householders will be required to have an access permit to use the Borough's household recycling centres (HRCs) in a van or large trailer (larger than single axle).
Access permits are free of charge but must be applied for at least three working days before the date upon which you intend to visit the HRC. You can download the application form(s) below or collect one from the Environmental Resource Centre (Balloo Drive) or North Road Depot (Quarry Heights). You will be required to complete and sign the permit form and return it with proof of residential address to the Environmental Resource Centre or North Road Depot (post or in person – ID documents supplied will be posted back to you).
You can apply for a permit at Environmental Resource Centre or North Road Depot during the following hours,
Monday to Thursday 0900 – 1600, Closed 1230 – 1330
Friday 0900 – 1500, Closed 1230 - 1330
The permit should then be presented to the site attendant at the entrance to the HRC and on the date that is specified on the permit. The site attendant will verify the permit and check that the items you offload match those on the permit.
There are two types of access permit available:
- Multi-use (for the transportation of compostable garden waste using an open larger trailer – larger than single axle)
- Single-use (in all other circumstances for householder access to an HRC using a van or large trailer)
Full details of the permit system and how it operates can be downloaded below; along with information on what is considered ‘original proof of residential address’.
If you need to speak to someone about a permit please call 0300 013 3333.
- Permit system for householder access to HRCs - FAQs (pdf 254 KB)
- Proof of address examples (pdf 423 KB)
- Application for multi use access permit (docx 34 KB)
- Application for single use permit (docx 36 KB)