Sports Development Capital Grants Now Open!
Application forms for Sports Development capital grants have been published and a total funding pot of £25,000 is available for the 2020/2021 financial year from Ards and North Down Borough Council.
Sports clubs or organisations can apply for up to 50% of eligible capital costs with a maximum award of £5,000 in respect of any one project. Application forms must be received by midday on Wednesday 9 December and they will be assessed the following week.
Applicants will be notified if they are successful during February 2021, following Council ratification.
Applicant Eligibility Criteria
- Sports Club must be based within the Ards and North Down Borough.
- The applicant (sport club/organisation) must provide sporting activities recognised by Sport Northern Ireland through the UK Sports Council’s recognition policy and be affiliated to a recognised governing body.
- The Sports Club is engaged at amateur level.
- The Sports Club must be able to provide evidence that they are Clubmark registered/working towards.
- The Sports Club must have been affiliated to the Ards and North Down Sports Forum during 2019/2020 and/or 2020/2021.
- Sports Clubs must be properly constituted and be able to forward details of committee members, annual reports and audited accounts or records of income and expenditure.
- Sports Clubs are required to provide a copy of their club development plan which should be a minimum of three years, and be able to demonstrate the contribution which the grant would make towards the development of the club and/or wider community activity.
- Applicants are required to provide evidence of good governance structures such as equality and safeguarding policies.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are encouraging the promotion of equality of opportunity as identified under Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998.
- Applicants applying for equipment must demonstrate and will only be considered if the equipment to be purchased has a permanent base, and will remain in use for at least five years. It is not to be used by an individual for personal use.
- Where other sources of grant aid are available, applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have approached the other relevant source(s) and indicate the status of that application.
While the initial application deadline is midday on Wednesday 9 December, all projects and spend (including submission of all required evidence such as receipts/bank statements/reports etc) must be completed and returned no later than 31 March 2021.
For more information, including guidelines and application forms, visit the Sports Grants page. Forms can also be requested by emailing email@example.com or telephone 07920 187819.