Applications Open for Tourism Events Grant Programme
Ards and North Down Borough Council is inviting applications for financial assistance to organise tourism related events in Ards and North Down between 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021.
Events must have the potential to deliver economic benefits and strengthen the area’s credibility as a tourism destination. Grant funding of £500 to £10,000 is available.
The Council wishes to support quality, unique events that align with the themes set out in the Integrated Tourism Regeneration and Development Strategy and the current tourism offering for the borough.
Events must fall under at least one of the following key themes;
• Maritime; building on the maritime and loughshore possibilities presented by the area.
• Heritage; building on an increased interest in tangible historic heritage (sites, buildings, monuments and cultural landscapes), as well as the intangible aspects of heritage (the living heritage of oral traditions, customs and practices).
• Creative; arts, crafts and creative events which take visitors into the hearts of those who are shaping the borough’s artistic and creative future.
• Food; festivals and events that will showcase the provenance, heritage and quality of food on offer throughout the borough.
• Live Music; programming artists with international appeal or niche interest.
• Sport; providing opportunities for health benefits, participation, social inclusion and ideally be under a governing body.
This funding scheme is suitable for events taking place from 1 April 2020 – 31 March 2021. Deadline for applications is Monday 11 November 2019 at 4.00pm.
Application forms can be downloaded from ardsandnorthdown.gov.uk/resident/grants/tourism-grants - other formats are available on request.
For further information contact Anne Poots on 028 9127 8048 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.