Town Centre Masterplans
Ards and North Down Borough Council appointed Consultants, The Paul Hogarth Company, in Autumn 2022 to undertake a review of each town/city Masterplan (Bangor, Comber, Donaghadee, Holywood and Newtownards).
Each Masterplan is a non-statutory document, providing the framework for the promotion, implementation and timing of urban regeneration, recreation, tourism, and leisure initiatives.
Your Place | Your Future | Your Say
Step 1 – Have Your Say
In order to shape the review of each Masterplan, the Council delivered a series of informal drop-in sessions within each town/city prior to the Consultant’s engagement. The drop-in sessions invited members of the public to come along and have their say. In addition to the drop-in sessions, an online survey was published.
Over 300 members of the public attended the drop-in sessions, over 240 surveys were completed and 840+ comments were received. This data was collated and analysed and forms the next step in this process.
Step 2 – Public Engagement
We invite members of the public to meet with the consultants and contribute to the development of the Masterplans.
The Paul Hogarth Company, in partnership with the Council, will be delivering a series of public meetings to present the Priorities identified in Step 1.
Details of each session are listed below:
- Donaghadee | Monday 13 March | 5pm-8pm | Donaghadee Community Centre
- Comber | Thursday 16 March | 5pm-8pm | Comber Leisure Centre
- Newtownards | Monday 20 March | 5pm-8pm | Blair Mayne Wellbeing and Leisure Complex
- Bangor | Tuesday 21 March | 5pm-8pm | Bangor Aurora Aquatic and Leisure Complex
- Holywood | Wednesday 22 March | 5pm-8pm | Queen’s Leisure Complex
*Each location will discuss its own Masterplan. Please note you do not need to register to attend these sessions.
Information Boards and Survey Forms will be available in each location for the duration of the Consultation period.
If you are unable to attend one of the drop in events in person, you can also download and view the Presentation Boards (PDF format) for each location below:
- Bangor Presentation Boards
- Comber Presentation Boards
- Donaghadee Presentation Boards
- Holywood Presentation Boards
- Newtownards Presentation Boards
The Citizenspace Masterplan Review surveys for each location can be accessed via the links below:
- Review of Bangor City Masterplan - Ards and North Down Borough Council - Citizen Space
- Review of Comber Town Masterplan - Ards and North Down Borough Council - Citizen Space
- Review of Donaghadee Town Masterplan - Ards and North Down Borough Council - Citizen Space
- Review of Holywood Town Masterplan - Ards and North Down Borough Council - Citizen Space
- Review of Newtownards Town Masterplan - Ards and North Down Borough Council - Citizen Space
For any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You can read the current Masterplans below:
- Bangor Masterplan (pdf 6 MB)
- Comber Masterplan (pdf 3 MB)
- Donaghadee Masterplan (pdf 3 MB)
- Holywood Masterplan (pdf 3 MB)
- Newtownards Masterplan (pdf 4 MB)