Benefits of Regeneration
The reason for progressing these ambitious plans is to deliver benefits for Bangor and the people who live there.
These will include:
- The creation of direct and indirect jobs
- New commercial opportunities
- Additional visitors/ footfall
- Extension of the tourism season with more attractions suitable for wet/winter conditions
- Sustainable development that will improve the environment and promote wellbeing for residents
- Improved image and perceptions of Bangor
- Opportunities for the wider Borough. Bangor is our largest town. The more visitors that chose to visit it, the more opportunities we have to invite and encourage them to explore further – along our coastline in particular.
The Bangor Waterfront Scheme – seamlessly connecting our waterfront to our town and creating unique opportunities for residents, visitors and businesses alike.