Local Government Elections 2019
The Local Government Elections will take place on Thursday 2 May 2019.
Standing for Election
If you are a candidate or agent, you will find information, guidance and forms in the Useful Downloads section below.
Candidates are required to use the Electoral Register dated 1 March 2019 for their district electoral area. The Nomination pack includes a form (Form 4) that can be used to request the document and this can be downloaded from the Useful Downloads section below.
The register must be collected from the Deputy Returning Officer as it contains personal data. Candidates will need to obtain a copy of the register prioir to monimations in order to be able to provde the electoral numbers of subscribers on the nomination paper.
Online Vote Registration
You can now register to vote online. You will need your national insurance number and it will only take a few minutes from your computer/iPad/smartphone. Log on to: www.gov.uk/register-to-vote for further information or view the video here
You need to be registered to vote in our local elections in May 2019.
Registration and ID Clinics
The Electoral Office is holding a series of Registration and ID Clinics in advance of the Local Council elections on 2 May. A list of venues, dates and times can be found on the Electoral Office for Northern Ireland website by following this link.
Anyone attending a clinic will need to bring with them their national insurance number and proof of their address such as a utility bill or bank statement dated within the last three months.
- Local Council Elections Form Nomination Pack (ALL FORMS) (pdf 141 KB)
- Local Council Elections 2019 - Guide for Candidates and Agents (pdf 284 KB)
- Local Council Elections Form 1a - Nomination Paper (docx 41 KB)
- Local Council Elections Form 1b - Consent to Nomination (docx 45 KB)
- Local Council Elections Form 1c - Withdrawal of Candidate (docx 39 KB)
- Local Council Elections Form 2 - Request to Use Party Description-Emblem (docx 40 KB)
- Local Council Elections Form 3a - Notification of Election Agent (docx 40 KB)
- Local Council Elections Form 3b - Appointment of Polling Agent and Polling Agent Instructions (docx 43 KB)
- Local Council Elections Form 3c - Appointment of Counting Agents (docx 39 KB)
- Local Council Elections Form 3d - Appointment of Postal Vote Agents (docx 39 KB)
- Local Council Elections Form 4 - Electoral Register-AV List Request (docx 42 KB)
- Local Council Elections Form 5 - Candidate Checklist (docx 39 KB)
- Local Council Elections 2019 - Temporary Absent Vote Form (pdf 50 KB)
- Local Council Elections - Notification of Requirement of Secrecy (issue and receipt of postal ballot papers) (pdf 79 KB)
- Local Council Elections PO Pack Code of Conduct (pdf 104 KB)
- The Electoral Commission : Candidate spending and donation at the Local Government elections in Northern Ireland 2019 ()
- Local Council Elections 2019 - Election Timetable (pdf 119 KB)
- Local Elections 2019 - Electorate for Candidates Expenses (pdf 17 KB)
- Royal Mail - Northern Ireland Local Elections Mailing Information (pdf 289 KB)