Swimming and health suite
Adults and children can enjoy swimming at Ards Leisure Centre. There are two pools and a paddling pool:
- The 25 metre gala pool accommodates public, adult only and aqua run sessions as well as lessons, classes and club bookings.
- The 21 metre minor pool has a depth of 3ft throughout making it perfect for lessons or children's pool parties.
- The paddling pool is perfect for children aged six months to seven years old. It has a depth of 18 inches with a host of water toys for children to play with. Parents can sit around the pool to watch and roll up their trousers should they need to go into the water. The paddling pool is separate from the main pools making it a quiet place to spend time. The paddling pool may be booked for parties and groups visits and as such it is always best to check the weekly paddling pool availability download below before a visit. Telephone the centre on 028 9181 2837 for more information.
Being able to swim is a life skill. At Ards Leisure Centre you can learn to swim no matter your age or ability. Our Waves Swim Programme has swimming lessons for babies and pre-school children, children at school and adults of any age. Taking swimming lessons will build your confidence in the water and develop your swimming skills and abilities. Waves swimming lessons are all about making progress and the programme includes classes for improving strokes, stamina and learning personal survival techniques. All instructors hold ASA or IASA teacher certificates and follow specific course guidelines to ensure consistent high teaching standards.
Crash Course Swimming Lessons
Learn to swim or improve over the summer with 5 x 1 hour lessons.
Enrolment opens Monday 25 June
Courses run Monday to Friday weeks of 2, 16, 23, 30 July, 6, & 13 August.
|9am to 10am||Ripples & Ripples 1||Minor Pool|
|10am to 11am||Ripples 2 & Ripples 3||Minor Pool|
|12 noon to 1pm||Ripples 4 & Ripples 5||Minor Pool|
|1pm to 2pm||Minor Pool||Gala Pool|
|2 July||Ripples||Stroke & Stamina|
|16 July||Ripples 1||Ripples 6|
|23 July||Ripples 2||Personal Survival Bronze|
|30 July||Ripples||Personal Survival Silver|
|6 August||Ripples 1||Personal Survival Gold|
|13 August||Ripples 2||Stroke & Stamina|
September 2018: start from 1 September. Priority enrolment from 18 August, open enrolment from 25 August
Take time to relax and unwind in our health suite. Facilities include sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and plunge pool. Health suite facilities are available from 9.00am Monday until Saturday and on Sunday from 1.00pm. As sessions are mixed, suitable swimwear must be worn.
For your information
- Children must be eight years or over to enter the gala or minor pool unaccompanied.
- Children aged seven years and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- One adult may accompany up to three children aged seven years or younger.
- Only children seven years or under may use the paddling pool.
- Restrictions apply in the gala pool as lessons and club sessions are taking place. On occasions the gala pool may be used for lessons at other times when lane restrictions will be applied.
- The last ticket for a swimming or health suite session must be bought one hour before the end of that session.