Start and finish: Ards Leisure Centre, William Street, Newtownards BT23 4EJ
Race Number and Timing Chip
Your race number must be pinned to the FRONT of your vest with the MEDICAL DETAILS on the back COMPLETED.
Timing chip (half marathon only) - your BibTag chip will be pre attached to your race number and is disposable.
Route maps for the half marathon and walk are available below to download.
This event is being held under an Athletics Northern Ireland Permit and has been accurately measured by Athletics N.I. The race will be run on roads and footpaths (not traffic free) which have variable surfaces and, as such, may not be suitable for wheel chair users. The course will be marshalled and police will facilitate the management of traffic. It is recommended that participants not currently involved in physical sporting activity should seek medical advice on their suitability to take part in this event.
For your safety:
- remember the roads and streets remain open throughout the event with only partial closure, therefore be aware of traffic
- keep to the left hand side of the road and try not to drift into the road
- obey the PSNI and marshals
- if you have a problem please identify yourself to a member of the PSNI or a marshal
- wearing of headphones is not advised as instructions may be given and whistles blown by marshals to warn that traffic is approaching.
Water Stations, First Aid & Toilets
These are provided throughout the route - please refer to the Route Map below for locations.
Please note: where bottled water is provided PLEASE DISPOSE OF YOUR BOTTLE RESPONSIBLY.
- Please use the bins provided and carry your bottle to the most convenient bin.
- You may also drop it at any of the water stations on the route.
- Please do not throw your bottle over a hedge or fence.
- Pacers will be part of the race for anyone who wishes to complete the race in one of the following times: 1 hour 30 minutes, 1 hour 45 minutes, 2 hours and 2 hours 15 minutes.
- Pacers will wear the following coloured shirts and carry a balloon in the early stages of the route;
- 1hr 30 Orange
- 1hr 45 Yellow
- 2hrs Green
- 2hrs 15 Gold
- Pacer groups will collect in the car park before the race start.
Please use the pitch at the back of the leisure centre and not William Street.
You will be called to the start line at 6.20pm. Walkers must line up behind the runners. Wheelchair entrants will be started 30 seconds before the runners.
At the finish please move away from the finish line to allow runners through. You will receive your medal, water and crisps at the finish.
Race Times will be posted in the Registration area and will also be available on the website and Facebook.
Prize giving for the 1st to 5th male and female runners and wheelchair winners will take place at approximately 8.30pm in the Sports Hall. All other prizes will be posted out to the winners.
Belongings may be left in Function Room 2 at your own risk. The room will be locked or a member of staff present at all times. The room will be open 5pm until 6.30pm and from 7.45pm onwards.
If you require a bag to put your belongings in please ask for one.
Post Race Services
Massage - cost £5 for 10 minutes.
Medal engraving – name and finish time £2.50
Food will be available in the registration hall after your race, we hope you will stay and enjoy the post race chat.
- Walkers must be aged 16 or over on the day.
- Walkers must line up behind the runners at the start and be aware of runners coming up behind them at the later stages of the race.
- Walkers must be under street lighting in Newtownards by 9.45pm
NB: Dogs are not permitted on the route.