Sport Northern Ireland’s Every Body Active 2020 Small Grants programme
Ards and North Down Borough Council are pleased to announce that they have received new funding from Sport NI and will be opening for applications on 30th October 2017
Sport Northern Ireland’s Every Body Active 2020 Small Grants Programme is a small grants programme primarily aimed at grassroots community based sport. It is a partnership between Ards and North Down Borough Council and Sport Northern Ireland. The programme aims to prioritise investment in sports clubs, community groups and governing bodies of sport, especially those based in areas of greatest need that will deliver increased sports participation
Who can apply?
Governing Bodies of sport (recognised by Sport Northern Ireland)
Sport clubs (must be affiliated to a Governing Body of Sport recognised by Sport Northern Ireland)
Charities (must have registered charity number)
Parent Teacher Associations
People living in the Ards and North Down borough must benefit from your project. Applicants can only hold one live award at any given time. Please see below for examples of funding projects. More information will be made available from 30th October 2017.
Eligible groups can apply for grants from £500 - £5,000.
Please note that under this programme Ards and North Down Borough Council will not fund any building works.
The current round of funding:
Opens: Monday 30th October 2017
Closes: 4pm Friday 1st December 2017
If you need assistance with the development/completion of your project/application, you can meet with our Sports Development team prior to submitting your application. Please contact our office on 0300 013 3333 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Projects must be completed by 31 March 2018.
All project costs and receipt of equipment must be incurred before 31 March 2018 in order to claim for these costs. Project costs incurred before a successful letter of offer of award will not be eligible.
It is hoped that there will be further rounds of Sport Northern Ireland’s Every Body Active 2020 Small Grants programme subject to available budget.
Activities and items we will fund
Please note that only one application will be accepted per organisation. The following items/services are eligible in regards to the Sport Northern Ireland’s Every Body Active 2020 Small Grants programme. Submitting an application is not a guarantee of receiving funding. If you apply for CPD costs you must demonstrate how this will help increase participation.
- Projects that will support increased participation in sport and physical recreation, especially among under-represented groups.
- Sport specific coaching courses; provided they can be completed in full within communicated timeframes.
- CPD courses/training e.g. Disability Awareness, Sport Leadership.
- Sport specific coaching fees – capped at £20 per hour unless justification can be provided for a higher rate.
- Project specific venue hire.
- Project specific travel within Northern Ireland.
- Project specific equipment – buying equipment shouldn’t be the focus of your project. We view equipment as a means to achieving our target of increasing participation in sport. Any application for equipment should explain why it is needed and how it will achieve this. No single item can be valued at more than £1,000 including VAT.
- Equipment hire to allow you to run your project.
Please download Guidance Notes and Application form below.