Physical blight, changing transportation and accessibility requirements or the impossibility of adapting buildings to accommodate new uses are all forces which have consequences for local areas.
The recession, coupled with changes in consumer spending patterns and behaviours, had a considerable impact on the economic performance of towns across the UK. The council's Regeneration Unit progresses urban and rural initiatives in Bangor, Newtownards, Holywood, Comber and Donaghadee and villages within the borough.
Who we work with?
The Regeneration Unit works with partners including the Department for Social Development (DSD), the Department for Regional Development (DRD) and the Department of the Environment (DOE) and stakeholders including five town partnerships and village regeneration and development associations.
Masterplans set out a vision, the regeneration objectives and the actions required to support the strategic physical regeneration of a particular town or city centre.
Masterplans were developed in partnership with the Department for Social Development (DSD) for:
You can download masterplans below.
Village plans set out an integrated vision for the area they cover; they are developed as part of a partnership approach to improving the area.
Each village plan describes:
- your local area and vision for how the area will develop in the future
- the key issues, priorities and opportunities in your area
- how you can be involved in improving your local area
- useful information about working alongside the council to get things done
There are village plans for:
- Helen’s Bay and Crawfordsburn
- Lisbarnett and Lisbane
- Six Road Ends
You can download masterplans and village plans below.
This draft village plan forms part of a consultation process being undertaken by Carrowdore Early Years and Ards and North Down Borough Council to revise and update the village plan for Carrowdore.
We welcome your response to this draft action plan: Carrowdore Draft Plan 2018 - 2030 It is designed to identify the key issues, concerns and priorities that you believe need to be considered within a revised village plan.
This survey forms part of a consultation process being undertaken by Groomsport Village Association and Ards and North Down Borough Council to revise and update the village plan for Groomsport.
We welcome your response to this community survey - it is designed to identify the key issues, concerns and priorities that you believe need to be considered within a revised village plan.
Please complete the survey online by Tuesday 27 March 2018.
We also welcome your response to this Groomsport Draft Plan 2018-2030
- Ballygowan Village Plan (pdf 4 MB)
- Bangor Town Centre Masterplan (pdf 6 MB)
- Carrowdore Village Plan (pdf 3 MB)
- Cloughey Village Plan (pdf 3 MB)
- Comber Town Centre Masterplan (pdf 3 MB)
- Donaghadee Masterplan (pdf 3 MB)
- Groomsport Village Plan (pdf 2 MB)
- Helen&#039;s Bay and Crawfordsburn Integrated Village Plan (pdf 2 MB)
- Holywood Masterplan (pdf 3 MB)
- Killinchy Village Plan (pdf 2 MB)
- Lisbarnett and Lisbane Village Plan (pdf 1 MB)
- Millisle Village Plan (pdf 11 MB)
- Newtownards Town Centre Masterplan (pdf 4 MB)
- Portavogie Village Plan (pdf 2 MB)
- Six Road Ends Integrated Rural Plan (pdf 3 MB)
- Ballyhalbert Village Plan (pdf 72 MB)
- Ballywalter Village Plan (pdf 72 MB)
- Conlig Village Plan (pdf 74 MB)
- Greyabbey Village Plan (pdf 60 MB)
- Kircubbin Village Plan (pdf 62 MB)
- Portaferry Village Plan (pdf 116 MB)