Active summer schemes
We run children's summer schemes in several community centres from 18 July until 26 August. Our schemes take place on weekdays with morning and afternoon sessions. The schemes are suitable for children aged five to 12 years old.
A place on a weekly scheme costs £15 for morning or afternoon sessions (concessions may be available).
We arrange sports, games, arts, crafts and trips during each weekly scheme.
There are two sessions on every day of the scheme, Monday until Friday. On the scheme children attend a morning or afternoon session, not both sessions.
|Session one||10.00am until 1.00pm|
|Session two||2.00pm until 5.00pm|
Schemes in Holywood, Bangor and Newtownards
These schemes take place from 18 July until 5 August in
- Redburn Community Centre, Holywood
- Kilcooley Community Centre, Bangor
- Glen Community Centre, Newtownards
Schemes in Bangor, Newtownards and Portaferry
These schemes take place from 8 August until 26 August in:
- West Winds Community Centre, Newtownards
- Alderman George Green Community Centre, Bangor
- Portaferry Sports Centre, Portaferry
Taking part in a scheme
Registration closed on Thursday 26 May 2016.
Information about the schemes
You can find out about the schemes from Town Hall in Bangor, council offices at 2 Church Street, Newtownards or the community centres below:
- Redburn Community Centre (Holywood and West Winds scheme) telephone: 028 9042 8036
- Alderman George Green Community Centre (Bangor and Glen schemes) telephone: 028 9147 8803
- Kilcooley Community Centre (Kilcooley and Portaferry schemes) telephone: 028 9147 8987