The Big Plan for Ards and North Down
The Big Plan for Ards and North Down creating positive outcomes for everyone 2017 – 2032.
The Big Plan provides an overarching framework setting out a shared vision and ambition that Ards and North Down’s Strategic Community Planning Partnership has agreed to work towards over the next 15 years.
Ards and North Down is a vibrant, connected, healthy, safe and prosperous place to be.
The overarching, cross-cutting ambition of The Big Plan
To have empowered, resilient individuals and communities, to reduce inequalities; to promote good relations and sustainability; and to improve the accessibility of all public services.
The Big Plan for Ards and North Down explains how we want to make life better for all the people who live in the borough.
Five Outcomes of the Big Plan
The Big Plan contains five outcomes. These are ambitious statements that we aspire to accurately reflect the situation of the people who live in Ards and North Down by the year 2032.
- Outcome 1: All people in Ards and North Down fulfil their lifelong potential.
- Outcome 2: All people in Ards and North Down enjoy good health and wellbeing.
- Outcome 3: All people in Ards and North Down live in communities where they are respected, are safe and feel secure.
- Outcome 4: All people in Ards and North Down benefit from a prosperous economy.
- Outcome 5: All people in Ards and North Down feel pride as they have access to a well managed sustainable environment.